In the fall (ahem) of 2008, the brothers of Delta Chi, as other Auburn organizations have before them, thought they could help fight cancer by charging people for the guilt-free opportunity to tap into their pure animal rivalry rage via hammer, sledgehammer, or axe.
So sure, Auburn may have lost to LSU that year (26-21? Do we always play LSU tight when we’re terrible?) on the field, but we sure beat the hell out of them on the hood of this Jeep
Commander Grand Wagoneer. And all for a good cause—specifically the Jimmy V Foundation, the fraternity’s national philanthropy.
Of course a few people apparently got their vent on for free; the car was rolled during the night, hence the trash heap.
The vehicle was later sold at top dollar to a Baton Rouge limousine service. Probably.
Photos: Brett Wiggins
Related: Bash the Bama Car!
* Katy Perry in Auburn
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field
* Aubie called as star witness in 1979 trial
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar
Leave a Reply