It’s been too long, so long that saying ‘too long’ sounds ridiculous. I mean, I think it’s been over a year, maybe way longer since I have uploaded an archived episode of It’s Pronounced Jordan. It’s not right to you, it’s not right to radio. Because if ever there were a broadcast that posterity couldn’t do it without, it is this one. Paul Harvey who, you know?
So here it is, desperately, even haphazardly posted just to relieve my crushing sense of guilt, and out of whatever order there may have been once upon a time—just a random ray of radio rapture (I don’t even know what it’s about) bottled in the dream factory that is the Auburn Network Studio on a Friday in September 2012, the best Friday, up to that point, of any of the magic makers’* young Auburn lives. Because every episode of It’s Pronounced Jordan makes the day its born the best Auburn day ever. That is how special and precious this whole experiment has become. It’s Pronounced Jordan is bigger than all of us. It has been for some time.
May Auburn bless the hearing of her word.
* A phone call with Gus Malzahn
* Cam Newton faith heals Bama child
* That time they burned the Glom
* ‘My national championship for Auburn in 1913 is a very valid national championship’
* John Heisman: Auburn ‘the first to show what could be done’ with the hurry-up offense
* Auburn theatrical legend John Heisman put on, starred in play to save Auburn football
* The first Coke was sold in Auburn? An Auburn pharmacy professor was certain of it
* Auburn cup spotted on ‘Hoarders: Buried Alive’
* Auburn wore green jerseys TWICE in the 1930s
* Leonardo DiCaprio and his Auburn hat are back—this time on the streets of New York