The video captures the first, albeit teeny tiny rolling of Toomer’s Corner since the Fathead worthy rolling on April 20 right at the end. But here’s photo of it as it was happening: City of Auburn Engineer Jeff Ramsey testing out the new wires, the floating logos, the return to the middle of the intersection, which is where the celebrating will stay not for one as some TV stations have reported, but likely two to four football seasons.
In fact, Dr. Gary Keever says that thought the massive renovation of Toomer’s Corner is scheduled to begin following the 2013 football season, it’s possible the two trees that will replace the Toomer’s Oaks as the corner’s focal point won’t actually be rooted until after the 2014 season.
“Regardless of whether they are planted in early or late 2014, the trees will not be established by fall 2015 and probably not for several years thereafter,” Keever said.
Related: Photos of Toomer’s Corner being rolled in the early 70s.
More on Toomer’s Corner: Dozens of Toomer’s Oaks shoots sprouting in planter closest to Magnolia Ave. / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply