Yes, Cam Newton loves the sinner. But he will ask them to change clothes.
At a recent Cam Newton Foundation 7-on-7 skills challenge held at an Atlanta high school, Newton jokingly threatened to escort from the premises a student who was wearing a Julio Jones jersey if she did not either change, or at least cover up with a Team Cam shirt. After all, as the dude with the mic said, “This is War Eagle Country.”
“At a 7-on-7 football tournament at my daughter’s high school, Cam Newton asks her to take off or cover her Bama Julio Jones jersey,” YouTube user Jim Cooper posted along with a video of the exchange. “He gives her an all-star “Team Cam” shirt to cover and a hug.”
This isn’t the first time the Blessed Individual has taken umbrage with the fashion sense of someone in an audience he’s addressing. Last year, he called out and possibly converted a student who was wearing a Bama jersey at at Wright’s Mill Road Elementary assembly.
* Auburn cheerleaders will be wearing Cam’s shoes come fall
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama