So, buried among the Where To Eat and What To Download lists in the Plainsman’s special Camp War Eagle edition from May are four photos of Toomer’s Corner being rolled after the 1972 Iron Bowl, four new photos, color photos, photos not borrowed from this post or this post, photos we’ve never seen (courtesy Auburn grad Chip Woody). And of course they’re awesome.
There’s what looks to be stuffed bear with a noose around its neck dangling from the power lines. And we now know what that lovely, shoulders-riding lass was spray painting on that “War Eagle” banner: “Go To Hell Colorado.” Heck yeah, we weren’t just content with sucking the marrow from Bama’s bones. We were already looking ahead to post-season desert; the Amazins beat the Buffaloes 24-3 in the Gator Bowl.
* Sexiest Auburn photo ever?
* Auburn cup spotted on ‘Hoarders: Buried Alive’
* It’s Like Talking To a Beautiful Woman: A phone call with Gus Malzahn
* Toomer’s Drugs is too fancy for you
* An Auburn coed and her machine gun