The War seeped into every aspect of American life in 1943. Auburn was no exception. Haircuts were no exception. In fact, any civilian who walked into one of Auburn’s four barbershops on the weekend deserved to walk out with a swastika shaved into their head.
From the Sept. 10, 1943 issue of the Plainsman:
A close up:
Timing their trims wasn’t the only sacrifice asked of Auburn residents during WWII. According to the Yankee media, Auburn coeds had to walk to class barefoot.
* Auburn cheerleaders will be wearing Cam’s shoes come fall
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama