Here’s one of the perks of being the name behind the single largest donation ever to Auburn University: One of those gavels they talked about making from the wood of the Toomer’s Oaks but didn’t but apparently did. That and having the college named for you.
So from now on, it’s the Raymond J. Harbert College of Business. That sounds like a college of business. We like it.
Photo: The Auburn Plainsman.
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Smithsonian Magazine photographs kid in Auburn hat at Texas prom
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* That time they burned the Glom
* Auburn’s 1960 cheesecake schedule
* I think of Kurt Crain
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?