We took time to interview them about it when we thought it was just a “sounded so good” whim. But Nashville-based, southern-fried indie rockers The Weeks are taking the imagery conjured in their wonderfully titled, just released record, “Dear Bo Jackson,” and running it with it like No. 34 down a 1983 sideline.
The flyer for last week’s “Dear Bo Jackson” release party? Little more than the What When Where added to a Bo baseball card…
… and their lovely backup singers at the show were wearing No. 34 Auburn jerseys…
… and here’s the latest addition to The Weeks’ merchandise table…
… and here’s the (once again) baseball card-inspired poster for their upcoming European tour with Kings of Leon (which has fun facts about Bo’s first big league homer more prominently displayed than details for the shows)…
Did we mention their guitarist is a hardcore Bama fan?
“Bo is my one (Auburn) exception,” Sam Williams told us in February. “You can’t deny Bo Jackson. He just does what he wants and nobody can say anything about it.”
Williams said he’s actually hoping to somehow secure Bo’s services for the band’s next video.
* British buzzband The Vaccines sport Auburn shirt during recent photo shoot
* Airman proposes, girlfriend can’t believe Cam Newton is on the phone
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Katherine Webb in an Auburn bikini?
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama