Two thousand. That’s how many free rolls of toilet paper were handed out–or rather heaved out–to Auburn fans gathered for the final rolling of the Toomer’s Oaks. And my God were they used–to roll the trees, to roll the media, to frighten the writer from Canada, to bend my glasses and crack my cellphone screen (watch till the end of the first video).
I was legitimately frightened. If Stamp makes an “I Survived The Final Rolling” shirt, I’ll buy it and wear it proudly.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: That tree in the old picture of Toomer’s Corner is not one of the Toomer’s Oaks / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits