I texted Apple CEO and Glom picture day devotee Tim Cook a couple of days ago for a Toomer’s Oaks quote. He didn’t get back with me. I totally understand. That would have taken a couple of minute and the going rate for his time is currently half a million dollars for half an hour.
With a flurry of activity today, bidding on the charity auction for a coffee meeting with Tim Cook at Apple’s headquarters has passed $500,000, nearly doubling the previous record for a CharityBuzz “experience” auction set last year when a bidder paid $255,000 to spend a day with Bill Clinton.
It’s probably a bunch of LSU women going at it. We won’t know for sure for another 18 days (and God knows how many more dollars).
Read more about the Cook coffee coffers here.
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama