Extra precautions are being taken to make sure the blaze started after Auburn’s win over Alabama A&M last years remains the last time the Toomer’s Oaks caught on fire. Here are some new photos—new to us at least—of the fire set after the 2007 Iron Bowl, which, until we saw the shot from after the 1995 Iron Bowl, we thought was the first time the oaks themselves—as opposed to the strands hung from the power lines in the late 70s and early 80s that were regularly being Bic’d into oblivion by drunken passersby—had been burned.
You can see video of the fire here.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: Toomer’s Oaks souvenirs will be branded ‘Auburn Oaks’ / Woodturned item made from Toomer’s Oaks will be on permanent display in Auburn art museum / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits