It’s the kind of tweet you can only dream of spotting from an Auburn running back: “Catch squirrels to test your speed!”
That was Tre Mason late Monday afternoon, seemingly solidifying Auburn’s latest greatest claim to fame—Squirrel Catcher U.—like Onterio McCalebb and Bo before him. But as far as we know, it’s the first photographic evidence that exists to verify this particular Auburn running back skill set.
Apparently McCalebb isn’t entirely convinced the photo is legit, but it’s not the first time Mason says he’s outrun this particular class of rodententia. Maybe our squirrel population is just lethargic. Or maybe it’s because Auburn can actually communicate with the squirrels: “Slow down, squirrel! I don’t want to eat you, I just wanna tweet you!”
* Volleyball player commits to Auburn by painting AU logo on exotic tortoise
* Harvey Updyke Halloween costume
* Guy crashes Tiger Walk, gets arrested
* Auburn fan Occupies Herbstreit
* Auburn English professor on “Jeopardy!”
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Auburn dude makes Samford Hall out of 4,000 LEGOs.