Army SPC Josh Wetzel’s road to recovery is taking him to Plainsman Park this Friday.
Wetzel, an Auburn fan whose story went viral in Auburn circles last year after a prayerful, Auburn-shirted visit with President Barack Obama in a hospital room full of Auburn posters—a photo of their meeting hangs in the West Wing—was invited by Auburn baseball coach John Pawlowski to throw out the first pitch Friday night for Auburn’s game against Georgia. And it will probably be a pretty good throw.
Wetzel and his awesome new legs have already handled first pitch duties for the University of North Alabama. Here he is warming up outside of Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Bethesda, ME.
Photos: Paige Wetzel.
Related: Auburn amputee has tiger-striped legs.
* These 1986 A-Day Photos will Bo your mind
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Cam Newton on the cover of GQ
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Toomer’s Corner Before and After shot
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans