YouTube user rbb2718, an “amateur aerial videographer and aspiring writer,” recently posted a video of amazing footage of Auburn’s campus shot from what appears to be (after you spot the shadow) a small drone helicopter that at one point actually takes you inside a building.
But the best part—or most poignant, especially with David Gray’s “Say Hello Wave Goodbye” serving as the soundtrack—comes a little after the two minute mark, as he zeroes in on Toomer’s Corner. Curious onlookers watch as the thing almost enters the barren canopy of the Toomer’s Oaks.
It’s pretty cool.
Related: Commemorative toilet paper to be sold at final Toomer’s Oaks rolling event; free rolls will be handed out.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: Toomer’s Oaks souvenirs will be branded ‘Auburn Oaks’ / Woodturned item made from Toomer’s Oaks will be on permanent display in Auburn art museum / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
THE WAR EAGLE READER NEEDS YOUR HELP.
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise
I didn’t anticipate how sad seeing the canopy would make me. It’s like my subconscious keeps blocking it out. Really really neat video, though. Perfect for a homesick UA Law student 🙂
Impressive toure of the campus, Auburn has their own Drone…