Auburn Football represents the best of America. We know this. God knows this. Foreigners know this. So when Carol Highsmith set out on her “decades-long,” state-by-state documentation of America in photographs for the Library of Congress, she obviously stopped by Jordan-Hare Stadium. And since that was in 2010—that is 2010, right? G2G is 2010, right? Let’s just say it was 2010—she was not disappointed.
Which means, per this featurette on CBS’s “Sunday Morning,” that Mario Fannin and Trooper’s towel and and Gene’s shacket and every other wonderful thing about that one brief shining moment will be visually accessible to generations of Americans to come of as an example of what is possible in this life.
* American Idol winner Phillip Phillips at an Auburn game
* Cam Newton meets a Mike Vick fan
* Rolling Toomer’s Corner? There’s an app for that
* Auburn creams Tuscaloosa in ‘brainpower index’ rankings
* Shug carves a turkey
* AU’s 1977 student orientation brochure (is the stuff of nightmares)