The commercials are airing, the displays are up, and the interviews have begun. The Blessed Individual recently answered a call from Esquire.com fashion editor Nic “Real Name” Screws to discuss his now-available-to-all sense of style, in the process expressing his (bless you, Cam) true feelings for Auburn and giving possible clues about his timetable for graduation.
Esquire.com: Did you just call me Miss Nic? Bless you, indeed a Southern gentleman. So I hear you’re back at Auburn, taking classes to finish your degree in Sociology — how is school going?
CN: It’s been pretty interesting, due to my history at Auburn. It’s kind of surreal to see and experience firsthand people’s appreciation of the 2010 football season. It can be somewhat of a distraction if you let it, but it’s great. Auburn is a place that I can always call home for the rest of my life now.
ESQ: So what’s your expected graduation date? Must be tough, seeing as you’re a busy guy.
CN: I have one more semester, so I could finish as soon as this summer — but due to my professional obligations (read: Panthers QB1) I have to finish it at a later date, yet to be determined. But hopefully soon.
Those professional obligations might also get in the way of the glorious scene that would be Cam Newton actually walking across the stage at a “hopefully soon” Auburn comment ceremony. But according to his mom, they just as well might not.
“I have no idea, that would be Cameron’s decision,” she says. “Because of other contractual commitments that he has it might not be feasible, but it might be.”
* Auburn Phi Mu says Singing Valentine to Cam Newton started as a joke, but the invitation to formal still stands
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Cam Newton brings donuts to class ‘since it was Thursday.’