Alabama Shakes‘ Brittany Howard—that’s how the rumor got started—was in Waverly Saturday night, joining Charles Bradley on stage in the final performance at the annual 280 Boogie. But her mind may have been elsewhere, a little ways down the road.
Howard’s latest Facebook status update? “Can anybody get me a piece of toomers tree????”
h/t Daniel Whitten.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks:
* That tree in the old picture of Toomer’s Corner is not one of the Toomer’s Oaks
* Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History
* Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn unveils new plans for Toomer’s Corner
* Incredible video of the final rolling of the Toomer’s Oaks shot from a drone
* What Auburn thought about Toomer’s toilet paper removal in 1979
* Auburn Creed written on toilet paper hanging from Toomer’s Oaks after final rolling