Despite the turmoil and violence, Auburn’s record-setting snow of 1973 was not without its scenic serenity. Let’s start with the snow-score of the 1972 Iron Bowl on top of the Auburn University sign—the 16 had apparently and appropriately melted—and work our way down to the Old Snow Man Anders and a snow-covered Cliff Hare Stadium.
More ’73 Snowmageddon photos here.
Photos by Cecil Bridges.
Related: Auburn students turn friend’s car into Batmobile during Blizzard of ’93.
THE WAR EAGLE READER NEEDS YOUR HELP.
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* That time Green Day played an Auburn house show
* The G.I. Joe from Auburn
* Two campy degrees of separation between Auburn and Swamp Thing
* I Survived the Kopper Kettle Explosion and all I got was this T-shirt
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply