Bring your own roll, obviously. But if you forget, the Downtown Merchants Association has you covered. And the Chamber of Commerce. Or maybe it’s actually the university. Whatever, whomever—point is there’s going to be a lot fresh toilet paper available downtown for the final rolling of the Toomer’s Oaks on April 20.
“We (the Downtown Merchants Association) are making a commemorative roll that’s going to be licensed and have (a wrap with) ‘Auburn Oaks’ on it and ‘One Last Roll,’ says Eric Stamp, owner of downtown screen printers Stamp, and a driving force in Auburn’s DMA. “We’re going to be selling them in 22 locations downtown.”
“They’re probably going to priced at $5 dollars a piece,” Stamp says. “That sounds ridiculous, but they look pretty fancy. You’re not going to want to unroll it and throw it on the tree. This is for the mantle.”
Stamp says a portion of the funds raised from the rolls will go to AU’s general scholarship fund.
Also getting in on the toilet paper tributes for the final rolling is Toomer’s Rolls, which is planning on selling specially embroidered (“Our Spirit Lives On 4.20.13”) versions of its novelty Toomer’s Corner toilet paper inspired scarves at the event.
Working in conjunction with other “Celebrate The Tradition” organizers, the Auburn Chamber of Commerce says it will also be distributing free rolls of toilet paper at the block party.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: Toomer’s Oaks souvenirs will be branded ‘Auburn Oaks’ / Woodturned item made from Toomer’s Oaks will be on permanent display in Auburn art museum / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama