Bo Jackson has officially set a date for Bo Bikes Bama 2. This time taking his solo charity bike ride through Cordova, one of the towns hardest hit by the tornadoes that tore across Alabama in April 2011
On Saturday, April 27th, 2013, two-sport legend, Bo Jackson and hundreds of cyclists from across the country will pledge to ride 20 or 60 miles through tornado ravished Cordova, Alabama to help with tornado recovery efforts still needed two years after the deadly tornado outbreak. With a goal of $1 million dollars, all money will go to the Governor’s Emergency Relief Fund to aid all who have exhausted other relief sources.
Last year’s ride raised over $600,000.
Last week, Jackson told Kevin Scarbinsky he planned to make Bo Bikes Bama an annual event.
Related: Bo Jackson, Good Samaritan.
* Bo and Me
* Human pyramid at Toomer’s Corner!
* TWER interviews Paul Finebaum about Bo Jackson’s Heisman campaign
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?