In 1979, looks like you had to get your Momma’s Love—at least so-called—elsewhere. But you could get plenty of tongue, liverworst or corned beef from a young Momma Don.
Yes, the floor probably had that general uneven feel even then. But the steamers hadn’t yet aged well enough, and they hadn’t yet perfected the Doritos-cheese-peppers recipe. No Dave Matthews and Tommy Tuberville filling up the jukebox or the newspaper clippings on the wall. Less graffiti. More salad bar.
And just so all you young Momma’s boys and girls know, Auburn parking has long been a problem. They even addressed it on the menu.
* Playboy photographer loved first visit to Auburn
* Pat Dye on Faulker, Bo Jackson’s sex life, David and Goliath and other topics
* Auburn’s Heisman-posing gymnast says getting Bama fans to boo was the whole idea
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl