Our biography of Toomer’s Corner continues today with a photo of a young Auburn man extinguishing the fire that apparently engulfed the Toomer’s Oaks after the 1995 Iron Bowl.
The Baby Boomers tell of strands of toilet paper draped over the use-to-only-roll power lines regularly being Bic’d into oblivion by drunken passersby. But it’s funny how most of the major, modern era, tree-damaging blazes always have a way of happening after Auburn beats Alabama or Georgia.
Here’s a webcam shot of the fire set at Toomer’s Corner last November.
Birmingham Post-Herald photo via @AU_History.
* Kate Upton and Katherine Webb, BFF
* One of the Wiggles is an Auburn fan
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Katherine Webb in an Auburn bikini?
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
* Katherine Webb and Conan O’Brien