It was the worst of times. It was the worst of times. And it showed in the stands.
According to ESPN’s Darren Rovell, “Auburn averaged 82,646 fans per game this season, down 3.7 percent as compared to last season.”
It was, as Rovell called it, a noticeable drop, but not nearly as noticeable as you might think after all those 3rd quarter Twitpics of empty student section bleachers and galleries of dudes with bags over their heads.
Even with lower numbers reported by both Auburn and Tennessee, which had a 4.9 percent decrease, the SEC “still had the highest per-game average attendance with 75,538.” And even with 3.7 percent fewer people knowing the correct Jordan-Hare Stadium time each Saturday, Auburn fans still managed to be ranked the nation’s most loyal.
* Katherine Webb dons split Auburn-Bama jersey for Sports Illustrated
* Cam Newton, Auburn intramural basketball star
* One of the Wiggles is an Auburn fan
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Katherine Webb in an Auburn bikini?
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
* Katherine Webb and Conan O’Brien
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leigh Ann Horst says
Since the university now requires mandatory parking passes on the Auburn campus for game day, the drop in attendance may be permanent.