We saw Van tweet it last night — “Dameyune Craig is the all-time single-game passing leader in pro football history. Jersey is Hall of Fame.” — and just thought he was being awesome and funny. But no, it’s true.
From Auburn’s press release announcing Craig as Co-Offensive Coordinator and Wide Receivers Coach:
“Craig gained his greatest acclaim on the field as a pro with the Scottish Claymores in NFL Europe, where he passed for a single-game league record 611 yards against Frankfort and matched another league mark with five touchdown passes in a game.”
And, yep, his jersey hangs in the Pro Football Hall of Fame to prove it.
* The War Eagle fight song sung opera style
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
* Cam Newton donates his hair to charity
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field
* Aubie throws a grenade
* There was a camel at Toomer’s Corner
* The Auburn player who played for Bama… and Busey