Course credit for a keg party. It’s the college dream. And something kinda sorta like it may soon be a reality at Auburn via a graduate degree program in, yes, brewing science. That kind of brewing science.
From the OA-News:
According to board materials released by the university, the graduate certificate in brewing sciences comes from the College of Human Science and was initiated in order to provide graduate-level coursework for students and professionals interested in learning about brewing, including malting, mashing, brewing and fermentation.
In an interview with AU’s “Take 5” series last year, Martin O’Neill, head of the Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Hospitality Management, said the proposal relates to the growing interest in home and craft brewing and, if approved, would tap into an important niche market in education.
Earning a degree in brewing science will take you 18 credit hours. But if it is offered, it won’t be until sometime in 2014. But don’t get beer tears, you can start fermenting over the curriculum.
Auburn already boasts a small but active home brew club that counts several Auburn professors among its members, and Dale’s Pale Ale, voted America’s top craft beer, was first brewed in an Auburn bathtub. So yeah, it makes all kinds of sense.
* Auburn fans rated nation’s most loyal by Rasmussen.
* Katherine Webb to star on ‘Celebrity Diving’
* The Auburn Creed in Space
* Miss America: ‘War Eagle! You can say that I said it.’
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Gus Malzahn delivering pizzas
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Finding Auburn hat on Finding Bigfoot
* Elvis says “War Eagle”