We’re told—and when it comes to Mardi Gras stuff, we have to be told—that a Mobile Mardi Gras Secret Society will have an Auburn-themed float come February, complete with a giant Aubie decoration up the Toomer’s Oaks (and friend?). At least that’s what the Mystic Stripers Society M.S.S’s concept drawing for the float seems to suggest.
The parade’s theme is “Famous Mascots” or “College Mascots.” So there’s likely to be a Big Al float as well. But there’s supposedly a tiger float every year, so unless the Alabama White Bear shows up, he’ll be outnumbered.
Last year, Auburn senior Betsy Davis was crowned Queen of the Mystics of Time, one of Mobile’s proudest and most prominent Mardi Gras mystic societies (we’re told), and gave a “War Eagle” during her coronation.
h/t Paul Thompson.
* America’s Next Top Model coming to Auburn
* Cam Newton faith heals Bama child while leading Auburn grade schoolers in “War Eagle”
* Streaking at Auburn, 1974
* Cam Newton’s Night Out
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn T-shirt
* Glory, Glory: Alice Fraasa, the Snorg Tees Girl, is banner Auburn coed