All of the state’s sports writers picked Bama to win. All but one–Brent Maze, brave Brent Maze, managing editor of the Hartselle Enquirer. He will be proved a prophet. Here’s why the prophet thinks Auburn will win:
“Gene Chizik has only one chance to save his job and that’s by playing the ultimate role of spoiler for Alabama, knocking the Crimson Tide out of the SEC title game, the BCS title hunt and a BCS game. And while Alabama says the right things at press conferences, it is in fact looking ahead to Georgia. The Tigers will need Cody Parkey to hit a last-second field goal to help Auburn get the upset. Auburn 22, Alabama 21.”
War Eagle, Brent — see you at Toomer’s.
* The Iron Bowl according to “Big Fish”
* Auburn fans at ’73 Georgia game unwitting extras in 70′s exploitation flick?
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton