Shug smoked like a chimney. So it’s only natural that Shug would order matches by the box. And it’s only natural that in a season like 1972, he’d order (exactly 40 years ago today) them personalized. But not just with a “War Eagle” or even a “War Damn Eagle”—with “War Damn Eagle Shug.” Yep, even Southern Gentleman puffed up their chests during SEC Coach of the Year seasons.
Related: Matches Made in Heaven: Vintage Matchbooks of The Loveliest Village.
* Auburn dog might have helped kill bin Laden
* Lenoardo DiCaprio wears (another) Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn Men, says HBOs’ “Treme”
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* David Foster Wallace wants to be your best friend
* Behind the scenes at the New York City Heisman Tiger Walk
* The Mysterious Auburn Man
* Preacher from ESPN ‘Roll Tide’ commercial repents
* Sleigh Bells bring out the pompoms
Leave a Reply