A second round of public workshops held yesterday in AU’s Foy Hall auditorium produced the first visuals of what your children will call Toomer’s Corner.
Arches, an elevated intersection, the demolition of Biggin Hall, and maybe converting the entrance to campus into some sort of amphitheater (but, sadly, no “Transformer type technology”) were just a few of the possibilities that made it to the idea presentation stage of the first round of workshops (which you can watch a video of). But here’s what the landscape architecture experts are thinking.
All four options include large trees, a decision that was reached in January.
According to AU’s Dan King, a final design will be ready by Spring.
Preliminary drawings provided by the Auburn University Office of Communications and Marketing.
* Workshop re-envisions Toomer’s Corner with arches, elevated road
* The Eagles’ Joe Walsh in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn’s banned 1979 student recruitment poster
* Only undefeated Triple Crown winner owned by Auburn grads
* Elvis says “War Eagle”
* Alabama in Auburn gear
* Diagram of a 1983 Auburn student
* That OTHER time they burned the Glom