Here’s the pledge not to drink any wine, whiskey, beer, or anything else you might get in a Hotlanta saloon that Dr. George “Father of Auburn Football” Petrie asked his players to sign before hopping on the train to destiny en route to the Deep South’s first football game back in 1892.
Source: The Auburn Football Vault.
If you’d like to help TWER keep the lights on and the obsession with Auburn lore unhealthy, click here.
* Bo Jackson vs. Clark Kent
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Fear and Loathing in Tuscaloosa
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
* Former Auburn cheerleader stars in ‘Best Worst Movie’
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Two campy degrees of separation ‘twixt Auburn and Swamp Thing