Up until now its merely been references. Now writers for the CW’sHart of Dixie, which transplants yankee-licious Dr. Zoe Hart (Rachel Bilson) to fictional Bluebell, Ala., are building whole story lines around the Iron Bowl rivalry.
A couple of weeks back, Bluebell mayor Lavon Hayes’ reelection hopes took a hit when he was accused of losing business for the town like he lost Iron Bowls for Bama (he was a star linebacker for the Crimson Tide once upon an unspecified time. He was blocked in the back. “The replay was very clear.”). So in order to right the ship, he resorts to the drastic measure of fake-dating an Auburn fan in hopes of securing the votes of the Beaudries, a 22-member strong Auburn family (none of who were apparently registered to vote until this episode) that throws its War Eagle weight around Bluebell social circles. But not just any Auburn fan—Annabeth Nass, whose “grandaddy was on the ’57 championship team” (and whose Bama fan husband—or make that ex-husband?—Jake “likes to talk about the defensive line for Auburn while we’re doing it.”
“Well now, Mr. Hayes, if you are good enough for the granddaughter of the great Auburn Tiger quarterback Hubert Thibodaux—may he rest in peace—then the least we Beaudries can do is join you for a drink.”
* Human pyramid at Toomer’s Corner!
* War Eagle Moment at the SAG Awards
* Twisted Metal developer is an Auburn fan
* TWER interviews Paul Finebaum about Bo Jackson’s Heisman campaign
* “My wife was the Auburn Tiger.”
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* Bo and Me
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?