Auburn University head coach Gene Chizik, as well as Wide Receivers Coach Trooper Taylor and Auburn senior T’Sharvan Bell, thanked Auburn students and fans gathered Thursday afternoon at the Auburn practice field as a show of support to Auburn’s struggling-to-say-the-least football team.
Billed as a “surprise” pep rally, the event—essentially a Tiger Walk across the practice field from Auburn’s indoor practice facility to the Athletic Complex—was announced yesterday via e-mail by SGA President Owen Parrish, who also spoke. It later received AU President Jay Gogue’s stamp of approval in a message to Auburn fans posted to the university’s website Thursday afternoon.
* George Wallace trading insults with hippies at Toomer’s Corner
* Spiro and Shug
* Lee Corso’s 1972 letter to Shug
* Cam Newton and LEGO Cam Newton on cover of Sports Illustrated Kids
* Auburn hoodies featured prominently in Korean teen fashion line
* Cam Newton donates his hair to charity
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field