While meeting with the press after today’s loss against Vandy, which Lutzenkirchen sat out due to a hip injury, Gene Chizik said that the star Auburn tight end was done for the season.
Chizik didn’t elaborate on the injury. Lutzenkirchen did.
“Sad to say it is over at Auburn. Thanks for the opportunity to play in O&B on Saturdays,” Lutzenkirchen tweeted late Saturday afternoon. “It was the best decision of my life to be a Tiger. Hips been bothering me since fall camp and its to the point where I was hurting the team for me to not play at 100%. Gave it all I had. Sorry.”
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn men, says HBO’s Treme
* Auburn fan selling Toomer’s Corner toilet paper for Tuscaloosa relief
* Toomer’s Oaks sapling to be planted on Capitol lawn
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* How Bama remembers “Punt, Bama, Punt”
* Charles Barkley avoiding the Noid, 1981
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Cam Newton’s portrait hanging in GQ lobby