I’d heard about it—Syracuse fans indignant over Pat Dye’s understandable (and unrepentant) decision to go for a tie (OR WAS IT?!) in the 1988 Sugar Bowl mailed him more than 2,000 old ties to shame him or something, many collected from Syracuse stores offering half-off discounts on new ties for folks who brought in an old one. And I’d heard that Dye, who of course has a legendary knack for increasing the value of castaway clothes, autographed the ties and sold them for $100 dollars, the cash going to Auburn’s general scholarship fund.
But surely, surely there had to be a photo. And surely there is—stuck between the Tekes and the Thetas in the back of the 1988 Glom.
* Auburn University bellowed at WCW match
* Fear Cam Newton’s SuperCamming shirt
* “My wife was the Auburn Tiger.”
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn men, says HBO’s Treme
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam