Yes, 2012 is hell. But the Plainsman could at least maybe take the edge off by publishing photos of sultry “wimmen” like they were the last time an Auburn football season started so ugly. Here’s sultry Jean Thomas, a Loveliest legend among those of me who study the series, as she appeared in the Jul7 9, 1952 issue.
I’m sure the “flaming student spirit of that defeat-studded ’50 season was something to see” if Jean, who would have been a freshman then, was in the stands.
Check out in our growing Loveliest of the Plains archives here.
Previously: Carol “Hourglass” Goodlett.
Related: More early Miss AU Tan photos surface.
* Playboy photographer loved first visit to Auburn
* Elvis says “War Eagle”
* Alabama in Auburn gear
* Bo Jackson’s pencil mustache
* VIDEO: Dog dominates 1964 Auburn scrimmage
* Secondhand Shug
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Tomatoes growing at Toomer’s Corner
* That OTHER time they burned the Glom