Hey, I’m Jeremy, and today is Hey Day, a grand ol’ Tiger tradition embodying Auburn’s belief in and perpetuation of its preternatural friendliness. Revived periodically with varying degrees of vigor, the University’s official “Traditions” page dates Hey Day only back to the 50s, but best we can figure (at least since realizing that hey, it’s Hey Day, late last night), it started at some point in the 40s.
Here’s a shot from the 1948 Glomerata of coeds pinning the requisite name tags on student passersby in front of Langdon Hall.
Forty years later, Bjork wrote a song about it. Hey, it’s true.
Related: Bjork wrote a song about Hey Day.
* Bash the Bama Car!
* Lee Corso’s 1972 letter to Shug
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Gene Chizik in high school