Our third Bodda Gett Box Office installment takes us back to this same calendar weekend during the last season Auburn football started 1-6.
Here’s what The Plainsman says was playing in the Loveliest Village from October 24-27, 1952… which happened to be the same weekend “four rows of Tulane students came close to out-yelling the throng of Auburn-ites” gathered to see the Green Wave beat the Tigers by two touchdowns in Mobile. So yeah, judging by the ad, Bonzo Goes To College might have hit too close to home to win the weekend. But I definitely would have been there.
Previously: “What’s Up, Tiger Lilly”
Related: “Psycho” comes to Auburn.
* These 1986 A-Day Photos will Bo your mind
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Cam Newton on the cover of GQ
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Toomer’s Corner Before and After shot
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply