They had to repel off a 10-story high bridge and fly 17 hours to Shanghai and eat sweetened frog fallopian tubes (taste like chicken fallopian tubes) while next to “beast mode gobbling” Chippendales, and then beat a frying pan-wielding Chinese junior table tennis champion out of one ping pong point and find a woman with an abacus and then make it to the top of some tower, but lovely Auburn graduates Caitlin King and Brittany Fletcher are still in the Amazing Race—and in third place, no less.
Despite “the blonde girls” good looks, their performance shouldn’t come as much as a surprise—they’re Auburn graduates, so they’re obviously brilliant and likely on their way to at least $84,900 a year, but King is a former athlete… as, apparently, is Fletcher, who according to last night’s introduction, played high school basketball. And played dirty. She says she was frequently called for technical fouls, while King, a former soccer standout, was apparently queen of the yellow cards while at Auburn.
“I didn’t sign up for a beauty pageant,” Fletcher says just before snorting with laughter.
Never to yield, ladies.
The Amazing Race airs Sundays at 7 pm CST on CBS.
* Auburn hoodies featured prominently in Korean teen fashion line
* Cam Newton donates his hair to charity
* Krista Klumpp tells TWER experience as AU head cheerleader helped her survive ‘Survivor.’
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* In the time of “Got 13″ she was a Tiger
* The Auburn player who played for Bama… and Busey