In May, we were told the tree’s tallest shoot measured nearly nine feet, or nearly two Harvey Updykes, but the photo accompanying the report didn’t do justice to just how high that actually is in real life, nature-finds-a-way terms. The photo snapped this weekend by friend of TWER Walt Austin, he of the celebratory cigar, does. That sucker is darn near rollable—and not just for photo ops (which can now include a corrected plaque). Click to enlarge.
* Aubie called as star witness in 1979 trial
* Cam Newton meets a Mike Vick fan
* Rolling Toomer’s Corner? There’s an app for that
* Auburn creams Tuscaloosa in ‘brainpower index’ rankings
* Shug carves a turkey
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub