OK, we are now fully and forevermore aware that Auburn has and has had a sailing club. But we’re somehow only just now aware that richness of the sailors’ history included delicious photos like the group shot for the Backyard Battle ’89 Parade featuring, yes, 1989 people looking as AUsome as you’d expect, but even better—a “First Time Ever” Iron Bowl-themed sailboat that, as far as we’re, concerned is STILL ridin’ the Tide.
Photo via AUSC’s Facebook page.
Related: Playboy in Auburn, 1989.
* Cam Newton donates his hair to charity
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* Auburn students react to the Iran Hostage Crisis with colorfully-worded signs
* The Auburn player who played for Bama… and Busey