The reasoning behind Harvey Updyke’s original not guilty plea in the case of the Toomer’s Oaks poisoning? Having too much Bama in him amounted to a “a mental disease or defect.”
Now, after surrendering to the Lee County Sheriff’s Department this morning—his bond was revoked due to an incident with a lawnmower in Louisiana—Updyke will undergo psychiatric evaluations at the Taylor-Hardin Secure Medical Facility in Tuscaloosa, a hospital 2.9 miles away from Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Irony itself is rolling the Toomer’s Oaks.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: Wire system being considered as temporary solution for rolling Toomer’s / On the feasibility of a Toomer’s Corner transplant / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Smithsonian Magazine photographs kid in Auburn hat at Texas prom
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* That time they burned the Glom
* Auburn’s 1960 cheesecake schedule
* I think of Kurt Crain
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?