Gene Chizik sent Auburn students an email Monday afternoon.
Dear Auburn students,
I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your incredible support of our players on Saturday night. It was obvious you put your heart and soul into that game.
Jordan-Hare Stadium was as loud and as electric as ever thanks in large part to you. We have the best student section in the country, and that matters.
It matters to our players and it matters to the recruits who were in attendance. They got to taste the best gameday experience in the country. They saw what being a part of the Auburn Family and being “All In” all the time looks like. I feel blessed to be the football coach at such a great institution.
We’ve got another tough SEC match-up ahead against Arkansas. I know 11:00 a.m. is an early kickoff, but we need you to get there early and make a difference just like you did on Saturday night.
Thanks again for your passion, your energy and your support of our team. I know we can count on you to bring it again when the Razorbacks visit Jordan-Hare Stadium on Oct. 6.
Coach Gene Chizik
Chizik has appealed directly to Auburn students’ school spirit before, most notably in 2010 when he invited students to an impromptu pep rally introducing Auburn’s “All In” slogan before Auburn’s game against Clemson. He did the same in 2011.
* Auburn fan Occupies Herbstreit
* Auburn English professor on “Jeopardy!”
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Auburn dude makes Samford Hall out of 4,000 LEGOs.