In terms of space, a story on Lee County’s first heroin conviction just couldn’t compete with the photo of the heroine convention that dominated the OA-News’ front page on Feb. 17, 1972. (We’ll see your one, Plainsman, and raise you five!)
Yessir, the lovely Auburn ladies named finalists for Auburn’s Queen of the ROTC Centennial Celebration held Feb. 19 certainly give a whole new, much more enjoyable meaning to boot camp. And some of them look familiar.
Gettin’ your rotors running are from left: Lee Hart of Birmingham, Arnold Air Society; Judy Hester of Russellville, NROTC Battalion, Beth Chapman of Birmingham, Angel Flight; Debbie Abel of Birmingham, AFROTC Wing; and Julie Griswold of LaFayette, Discs and Diamonds.
Related: Coeds at the 1973 Lambda Chi Alpha Watermelon Bust.
If you’d like to help TWER keep the lights on and the obsession with Auburn lore unhealthy, click here.
* Never-before-seen crowd, cheerleader, and action shots from the 1972 Auburn-Georgia game
* Catching up with Auburn’s own former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, Jessica Trainham
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Shug carves a turkey
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply