It was expected to be severe. It was.
Work crews finished pruning the Toomer’s Oaks late Wednesday morning as a safety precaution against dead branches and even limbs falling on pedestrians. The results, as Auburn alum Andrew Salser put in on Twitter, look “like something out of Sleepy Hollow.”
Here’s a video showing all sides of both oaks:
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: Wire system being considered as temporary solution for rolling Toomer’s / On the feasibility of a Toomer’s Corner transplant / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Smithsonian Magazine photographs kid in Auburn hat at Texas prom
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* That time they burned the Glom
* Auburn’s 1960 cheesecake schedule
* I think of Kurt Crain
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?