Auburn faculty members are some of the most content in the world, at least they were in 2006 (sociology department notwithstanding) , when 6,000 of their pre-tenure peers at 31 other universities were surveyed on what makes a happy-minded professor.
According to a Harvard study turned book published by Johns Hopkins University, Auburn was among the seven best institutions for tenure-track professors in terms of tenure policy clarity, work-life balance, collegiality, research support, and good leadership.
Other schools scoring high: North Carolina State, Ohio State , the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Iowa, Kansas, and North Carolina at Pembroke.
h/t David Adams; photo via.
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* These 1986 A-Day Photos will Bo your mind
* Cam Newton on the cover of GQ
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Toomer’s Corner Before and After shot
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply