For my money, the scene captured on the cover of the September 1968 issue of Southern Living would be somewhere between a 9 and a 10 on the rah-rah Richter scale.
The magazine called football “The South’s September Song.” Here’s hoping that on September 1, Auburn opens its hymnal to vengeance!
* Toomer’s Oaks before and after
* American Idol winner Phillip Phillips at an Auburn game
* Cam Newton meets a Mike Vick fan
* Rolling Toomer’s Corner? There’s an app for that
* Auburn creams Tuscaloosa in ‘brainpower index’ rankings
* Shug carves a turkey
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub