The Fourth of July timeliness of it all is what prompted us to kick off our Loveliest of the Plains archives with the War Eagle Special. But Carol Meadows is far from the only example of patriotic pulchritude to be found in the Plainsman.
Here’s Faith Drumheller as she appeared on page 2 on July 3, 1968.
Draft dodgers? Auburn took precautions.
Click here for our growing Loveliest of the Plains archives.
Related: The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam.
* British bombshell wears Auburn shirt in Maxim
* Graffiti on the barricade around the Toomer’s oaks
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl
* 78 never before seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion
* The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Auburn
* The Auburn plaque in 1984′s Tank
* War Drobe Eagle: The Auburn shirt in Cannonball Run