If Lea Michele had her way, she’d probably be harmonizing with Auburn student Shanna Henderson this fall.
Henderson is a cast member on Season 2 of The Glee Project, an Oxygen channel reality show featuring young performers competing talent show-style for a recurring Glee guest role.
Michele, who plays Rachel Berry on the hit Fox show, was a guest judge on The Glee Project Season 2 premiere. ELLE Magazine recently asked her about it.
ELLE: You were recently a guest judge on the second season of The Glee Project. Do you have any favorite contestants who you’re rooting for?
LM: The girl that I mentored, Shanna [Henderson], was incredible. I really, really love her.
ELLE: She has a fantastic voice.
You’d think Shanna might also have a friend in Glee’s Naya Rivera, who wore a vintage Auburn T-shirt (and little else) in a photo shoot for the October 2011 issue of FHM Magazine.
The show started with 14 contestants. It’s now down to 7. Thanks in part to her swimsuit Slushie fighting skills, Henderson is one of them.
The Glee Project airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. CST.
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Daniel Tosh says “War Eagle” on Tosh.0
* Former MTV “Real World” call Auburn “God’s country.”
* Auburn grad stars in new reality show
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Cam Newton’s Breast Cancer shoes
* Dirty Auburn, Kinkiest Village of the Bizarre!
* So a Playmate walks into Jordan-Hare…
* R.E.M. in Auburn
* Auburn one of seven schools represented in new TOMS shoes line