One vintage SEC promotional film deserves another.
Humble Oil and Refining Co. went more marching band with the soundtrack, and former UGA radio announcer Ed Thelinius was replaced by famed broadcaster Lindsey Nelson at voice over duties. But the biggest improvement is the prominence given Auburn, which got the first highlight treatment for the 1970 season, and for two good reasons: Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley.
The Humble boys also finally mastered the art of cheerleader footage. Good on them. Good on us.
Video courtesy Allen Spain.
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Smithsonian Magazine photographs kid in Auburn hat at Texas prom
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* “Cougar Town” star gets Glom’ed
* Auburn’s new Miss USA
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn