It’s been a busy couple of weeks for The Auburn Plainsman.
Auburn’s student newspaper had to follow up its exhaustive coverage of last week’s story of the year by surfing the shock waves of this week’s scoop of the year—an apparent bombshell confession (in the form of a one-word admission of guilt) to the poisoning of the Toomer’s Oaks from Harvey Updyke.
“Did I do it? Yes,” Updyke told Plainsman reporter Andrew Yawn Tuesday during a break in the jury selection process for Updyke’s trial.
Yawn had approached Updyke and his wife Elva for a story he was planning on Harvey’s health. His health was apparently pretty poor because without warning, his guts spilled all over the place and are currently on display on the front page this week’s Plainsman.
* Bama fan refuses to remove “Go To Hell Auburn” sticker on TLC’s On The Fly.
* Zac Efron in an Auburn shirt
* Rare video of Shug saying football got him through D-Day
* Sandra Dee poses with The Plainsman
* Elvis says “War Eagle”
* Alabama in Auburn gear
* Diagram of a 1983 Auburn student